Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Transitions...

I have to say, I am not very fond of the transition of being sick to being healthy. It always seems like it's harder than being sick. Monkey woke up at 4am. Yes, A.M. After not going to sleep until 9pm. So on top of the already difficult 'transition' there also has been absolutely no sleep in this house again. A conversation with Sarah this morning

Good Morning Sarah!
No.
What?
No.
What's wrong? Do you need something?
No.
Are you hungry?
No.
Would you like a side of 'Happy' with that?!
Noooooo Mama... I don't want any happy.

** crickets **

Mama....
Yes....
I'm hungry.


At this point i'm really trying to keep it cool.  Lack of sleep usually makes me a less than desirable person to be around. On the bright side, being overly irritable makes me overly sensitive to the state of my house so when Bryce comes home it's usually spotless.  I've already started two loads of laundry scrubbed my kitchen, and handwashed both the mud room and kitchen floors. I'm starting to think that he's not believing me when I say i'm exhausted, it's usually when i'm at my most productive. Who knew.

Motherhood= Exhaustion= Super clean house.

The things they don't tell you in the nine months before you have your wonderful, non-sleeping, bundle of joy.
Trying to stay uber positive today!

Did anyone watch 'The Taste' last night? I thought it was really good and i'm super excited to see how the show progresses. Some of the things they made though................... Chicken fried watermelon... I know 'don't knock it until you try it' but I just have a hard time wrapping my head around hot watermelon. Hot Watermelon... yep, still can't figure it out. On the fun side the lady with the simplest spoonfull seemed to get the highest marks! Just simple with some mashed potatoes. Goes to show that a down home cook has the makings of a chef. Definately going to try to make something fun for dinner tonight!  Happy Wednesday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment