Thursday, January 31, 2013

Antartic Explorers, Pecan Butter, and Food Network...

Happy Thursday! After a long week of Projects I am back, finally sitting with coffee.

We have had another Winter storm here in Montana, leaving us with frigid temperatures and a new blanket of snow. These snowy days don't leave much outside to do, so we have antartic adventures in the house...



In cooking adventures:

I pinned a pin on Pinterest that gave you a birds eye view on how to make peanut butter... Having been given THREE POUNDS of yummy pecans over Christmas, I decided to give it a whirl...
I gaurantee that it's alot yummier than it looks! I added some honey and a pinch of brown sugar and I can't keep my husband out of it! I urge you to try it!!

Alrighty... I'm going to go on a small rant... I used to LOVE watching cooking shows. You got a birds eye view of a professional chef's techniques and unique style. As we speak, I have Food Network on and am watching a show where it seems like the host is a cross between Bill Nye the Science guy and The Kratt Brothers. Needless to say, i'm learning nothing and I miss the days of Emeril, or PLEASE SOMEONE bring back Julia Child! After having finished Bringing up Bebe, I truly feel like there is no dish off limits for me or my children. When bringing children into the culinary experience, there is no limit to creativity or experimentation. Just involving Sarah in the cooking of a dish, has brought a new sense of awareness to what she eats. We had a mustard and and herb crusted lamb leg (courtesy of The Art of French Cooking)with lemon dill rice the other night and to my amazement, my girls polished off their plates and asked for more. A month ago, Sarah would have pushed away her plate declaring her need for chicken nuggets or french fries. Now she is begging me to help cook, asking and giving her ideas on what to cook for dinner, and giving me a very colorful description of how each dish tastes. I still can not believe the changes in these girls.

Well I have finished my coffee, I will now go opt for some chamomile tea and hit the laundry.
Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment