Thursday, January 24, 2013

Binkies Aren't Flushable....

Well maybe they are...

I can't remember if I blogged about the worst shower imaginable so here's a quick refresher!

Me: In the shower trying to take 10 minutes to at least wipe off the sweat, puppy fur, slobber, milk, and breakfast off of me when my girls came in to say hi.
Hi.
I all of a sudden hear Sarah scream, I peek out, Char dropped her binky in the toilet (that Sarah had just used) tried to fish it out and Sarah flushed the toilet.

I cried.

Now today, with that disaster safely two months behind me, I have to admit I was really starting to think today was an easy day. It's Thursday, we're on the downhill slope of the week, I got a shower (without flushing binkies) and I actually got make up on. Yippeeeeee, my definition of a great day.

Then it happened again.
Sarah went to go to the potty, shut the door behind her. Opened the door, came out. Was told for the HUNDRETH time to please pull her pants up. Walks down the hall. Never shut the door.
My bug has always been an inquisitive little creature so when I saw her little pink and purple penguined self (She's wearing the most adorable outfit today) making a break for the bathroom I could only think the worst. I jumped up from the couch and raced for the bathroom. On my way... anyone ever seen those plastic animals in the feed stores? The real life likes ones... like the Texas Longhorns that have REALLY LONG horns? Yep. Foot and longhorn made contact -enter under breath explicitive here- but I kept going. Just in time to see Char.... drop her binky in the toilet. That Sarah never flushed. AGAIN.  The worst part is my sweet darling is still rosy cheeked from her nap and smiling with her beautiful little nose all scrunched up into an almost sinister grin. Deep breath, remove baby from bathroom, grab kitchen tongs, fish binky out, deposit tongs and binky into a large pot of boiling water.

Remember that you never shut the bathroom door............................................

1 comment:

  1. bahahha!! Gotta love being a mommy!!

    About the king cake...it's funny how we take things for granted. You're the second person to tell me they have never had king cake since I wrote the post. It is just something we have around here. If you're ever in Louisiana, find some locals to point you in the right direction. It will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete